Thursday, January 5, 2017

Key Lime Pie Bites

absolutely love how fresh these Key Lime Pie Bites taste! But like me, if you find yourself craving Key Lime Pie but have none in sight, grab these tropical cuties and get on with your day! No need to wait for a table and menu!

"Since key limes aren't super easy to find everywhere, I made these bad boys with freshly squeezed lime juice. The flavor is spot on! If you're lucky enough to have access to tart and tasty key limes or have a good quality key lime juice you'd like to use, go for it! My family is obsessed with Nelly's Key West Lime Juice for making pies, cocktails, and energy bites galore!


I'm not 100% sure how many balls this recipe makes, as I keep eating half the "batter" before I've realized what I'm doing. I usually end up with 8 energy bites, though I'd venture to say you could end up with 10-12 if you don't immediately start eating it straight out of the food processor. Whoops!

STORAGE SUGGESTIONS: may be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days, though I haven't been able to get them to last more than 12 hours. Enjoy cold or allow them to reach room temperature before snacking, whichever floats your boat! You can even freeze them! Whoohoo!"
From Peas and Crayons, the author of the blog wrote a few notes that I have copied above, such as serving suggestions and substitutes.
This recipe is courtesy of Peas And Crayons.


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup raw unsalted almonds
  • 1 cup unsweetened dates, pitted
  • 1/4 cup baking walnuts or pecans
  • 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
  • extra shredded coconut for topping
  • zest of 1 lime
  • juice of 2 limes (aim for 1/4-1/3 cup juice)
  • teeny pinch of salt

Directions
  1. First add your almonds to a food processor
  2. Pulse a few times until roughly chopped.
  3. Add the remaining ingredients and blend/pulse to form a cookie dough-like consistency. You may need to push the mixture off the sides of the processor and towards the blades once or twice depending on your processor.
  4. Blend to desired texture [I like them a little bit chunky] and move mixture to a cutting board. If it's too sticky to handle, feel free rub a little coconut oil on yours hands while you roll your energy bites.
  5. Roll into bite-sized balls, then roll in shredded coconut for a burst of tropical goodness!

I hope you enjoy this recipe! 

Resolution Recipes is a energy bar calendar... Everyday I will be posting a new healthy bar or dessert you should definitely try starting 2017! So get ready to burn some calories and start the new year right!


"Mini Desserts From Your Mini Blogger..."


No comments:

Post a Comment